The following terms have the following meanings:
- “MLS® Data” means MLS® property data maintained in the MLS® Database regarding the listings of corporate Members of the Board and corporate members of other real estate boards and associations.
- “MLS® Database” means a single proprietary database of text, images and related information pertaining to properties listed for sale compiled by the Board.
- “MLS® VOW” means a secure password-protected internet website controlled and operated by an MLS® VOW Participant, through which the MLS® VOW Participant provides real estate services to consumers or consumer clients with whom the MLS® VOW Participant has established a lawful REALTOR®/consumer or REALTOR®/client relationship, and where the consumer has an opportunity to search for MLS® VOW Data.
- “MLS® VOW Agreement” means the agreement in a form prescribed by the Board, between the Board and the Member relating to the operation of an MLS® VOW.
- “MLS® VOW Data” or “MLS® VOW Datafeed” means MLS® Data prescribed by the Board from time to time, which is made available by the Board to MLS® VOW Participants from time to time for display on an MLS® VOW.
- “MLS® VOW Participant” means a Member who is a party to an executed MLS® VOW Agreement which has not expired or been terminated.
- “MLS® VOW Service Provider” means an entity or person designated by an MLS® VOW Participant to operate an MLS® VOW on their behalf.
- that the information may not be accurate;
- that the MLS® VOW Participant and MLS® VOW Service Provider do not guaranteed its information and it is the reponsibility of you to confirm all information your own;
- that you have supplied the MLS® VOW Participant with a user name and a password, both of which must be unique to you;
- that you must provide the valid email address and will be permitted to access the VOW only data after email verification by Participant;
- that your password and access to MLS® VOW data will be expired in 30 days after the email verification;
- that the Participant must maintain a record of the name, telephone number, e-mail address and the user name of each Registrant during the currency of the Registrant’s password and for not less than one hundred eighty (180) days after the expiration of the validity of the Registrant’s password;
- that the Participant provide to the Board a copy of the record of the name, e-mail address, telephone number, user name and password upon request if you cause a breach in the security of the data or a violation of MLS® rules related to use by one or more Registrants.
- that you have received, read and understood the brochure published by the British Columbia Real Estate Association entiteld “Privacy Notice and Consent”;
- that you are entering into a lawful REALTOR®/ consumer or REALTOR®/client relationship with the Member;
- that all data obtained from the MLS® VOW is intended for and may only be used for the Registrant’s personal, non-commercial use;
- that you have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale or lease of real estate of the type being offered through the MLS® VOW;
- that you will not yourself, and will not permit or assit others to, directly or indirectly:
- copy, redistribute or retransmit any of the MLS® VOW Data or information provided;
- display, post, disseminate, distribute, publish, broadcast, transfer, sell or sublicense any of the MLS® VOW Data to another person;
- engage in Scraping (including “screen scraping” and “database scraping”), “data mining” or any other activity intended to collect, store, re-organize, summarize or manipulate any MLS® VOW Data or any related data;
- that you acknowledges the Board’s ownership of, and the validity of the Board’s proprietary rights and copyright in the MLS® VOW Data, and listing information;